~General George Patton
"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
~Groucho Marx
I love Groucho! And Patton, too. I don't even know what he looked like in real life; whenever I think of him I automatically think of George C. Scott...and then that makes me think of Dr. Strangelove. "Patton" had a sad ending though; I don't like how some of the best generals didn't seem to meet the best ends of their careers--not only Patton, but McArthur...and maybe you could count Rommel, if you ignored the fact that he was a Nazi. I mean, he turned against Hitler eventually, that had to count for something right?
I also found it interesting that as practical a military man as he was, and a devoted Catholic, he still believed in reincarnation, and believed he had fought and died in Africa thousands of years before he actually set foot there in WWII. Sort of shows you that it's not just drugged-out hippies and tedious New-Agers who believe in that sort of thing.
And where is Meghan? I want to talk to her and she is not online. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment