''One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.''
Tuesday, March 25, 2003
Happy anniversary to Rae-J! That means it's one month and one day until ours, so I need to get cracking on greg's present. I also need to consider what I'd like, since i can't just put greg out there on his own and expect him to come up with something. that doesn't work out so well. still it sucks that i can think of so many romantic things that he could put together or make on his own, but once i tell him what to do, they're not romantic anymore. then it's just pointless. and i could tell him some material object that would please me, but what i'll still really want is something that he just thought of on his own, like "wow, wouldn't michelle love it if i did this?". is that strange, that i could tell someone what i want in terms of a gift-gift, but still expect that they will divine that the material thing is not what i'm really after and act accordingly? there's women for you. greg told me that his mom just hands his dad a list of things that she wants. my mom always did that too, and my dad would buy her whatever perfume or something else she wanted, but he always made things, i don't know, special. his cards to her were always really sweet, and he'd draw pictures for her, and call her his kitten, and the perfume itself never seemed as thoughtful to me as everything that surrounded it. So it happens that i can think of a million romantic things i'd love for him to do, but nothing stands out in my mind for him to buy...
No comments:
Post a Comment