We all went out for pizza after work today to give everyone a chance to hang out; I, as the sole underage individual, was restricted to the root beer (although the guy who hired me said: "aren't you in your twenties? holy shit!"). The only other fun thing that happened today was learning about the perks program, which like the stock I probably won't be around long enough to enjoy. Anyway, for exceptional work, attendance, special projects etc, you can earn varying numbers of perks points, which then you can get stuff with. So I'm thinking, oh great, I can get a tshirt, but then Adam whips out this gigantic glossy catalogue and passes it around, and turns out you can get everything from sports equipment, digital cameras, and vacations to electric razors and dishwashers. I had my eye on this nice Kodak camera which was only like 140 pts (you can get 50 pts a month for perfect attendance, and i've got three months, so....), but the rest of the stuff was just awesome. He showed us some stats from the SF office, where they just started this program, and one woman's already racked up 900...apparently she's a crazy hard worker though, so I don't dream of coming near that. Still, I hope if I ever work in an office when I'm older that they have something like that...and raises and bonuses too, those sound fun lol.
Anyway, this is the first summer where I havent immediately gotten out of school and started couting down to fall. I'm very much anticipating making money and going to work, and plus I just plain haven't had time, really. Next week is when I start being on my real schedule, 11:30-8pm, so hopefully then I won't be having to go to bed at midnight, ugh.
Oh, I'm turning Sean into a cat-lover! Well, not really, he'll always be a dog person, but hey, no one's perfect. Anyway, the nights he's spent here, sapphire and cinnamon have both taken a turn sleeping with him, and seem to be ridiculously excited when he shows up. They're #1 Sean fans now, the little furry sluts; meanwhile, they basically ignore sara and heather when they come over, despite sara being partially responsible for sapphire's very presence in our house. How quickly feline minds forget a favor (ooh alliteration).
God, my mom's listening to Dr. Phil upstairs. How I hate that little bald man!
No comments:
Post a Comment