Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Best Fourth

I don't think it would be hyperbole to say that this was the best weekend of my summer. Spending three sunny, beautiful days at Fairfield (which is very pretty in the summer and even more pretty without the hordes of Aberzombies meandering about) with all my favorite people....luscious. I was quite delighted to find that by Sunday night I had assembled almost all of my closest friends in one place, including two roommates, one boyfriend, and my three best friends from home. It was particularly surreal to be walking up that big hill in front of the library with Sara, Rae and Heather; at one point I looked around and there was all of campus spread out behind me, everything that is not home, Windsor, and high school, and yet there they were, too, Heather clutching her gold pumps in one hand as we walked through the grass, and Rae telling us excitedly about the topiary garden people have had sex in at Wellesley. Not to mention the fact that we've only all been together like, once all summer, it's just so awesome that we're still friends, and even more awesome that they and all my school friends got along so well. It's kind of like how you feel really satisfied when your friends like your boyfriend because you know it's a really good sign...and they love Sean and they love my Fairfield friends, wheeee!

I have not drunk so much, eaten so much, laughed so much, nor played so much "Never Ever Have I Ever" in longer than I can remember. It made me that much more revved up to go back to school. I went up to the townhouses briefly to go past mine--how unassuming it looks, but oh, what a place of magical and whimsical wondrousness it shall be!! :-)

No comments: