Last night was just one of those amazing nights when we lay awake in bed in the dark just talking for hours, about anything and everything, and feeling so incredibly close and loved that it was just the absolute best feeling I've ever had. Waking up this morning was, as expectedly, slightly less grand, since I am infamous for my not-morning-person-ness. Sean was disturbed by my fiendish aversion to the sunlight--ie, insisting on hiding under the covers even though the shades were closed. He also decided I'm inhuman in that I always sniff unfamiliar food before I'll try it, and if it doesn't smell right to me, I won't. He says this is catlike and weird, but I think it's a perfectly decent way to determine which foods I will like and which I will hate. Even if I do taste the foods that smell weird--like many, many instances of my mom's kitchen creations--I never like them. My nose does not fail me!
Today was a busy day--we helped Linda a little bit with the basement work, picking up the carpets and getting a bookcase. Sean and I built it together, which was much easier than I anticipated, and it's so pretty! All dark wood. We got all his books into it, and cleaned his room and partially Hubbard's porch, which made her so happy. Poor Linda, she works full time, is working on this basement thing, and has to deal with Hubbard's comments and her sister's demands--she really needs a break. I felt so bad for her. I need to come up with some sort of good gift for her, since I already have Hub's--who apparently mentioned to Sean something about a sweater for me, eek.
I never stop wondering at what I've done to be so incredibly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment