However, the fun didn't stop there--she had to go to her nail salon to get a nail repaired (yes, my mom is one of those who hates having her fake nails break, although at least hers are very short and natural looking) and I half-jokingly suggested she buy me a pedicure. And she did. If you know my mom you know that such magnanimity might almost seem suspicious, but apparently she was simply in a friendly mood that day. She didn't seem to think anything of it, almost as if she lavished such treatment on me every week, which is far from the case. Perhaps it's best enjoyed in such small sips.
''One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.''
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Vacation Day
Yesterday, after being mysteriously sick at 5am and blearily sending Sheena a text message saying I wasn't coming in, I found myself magically gifted with a vacation day, not to mention the only day in the week when it did't rain. I felt perfectly fine when I woke up again, and my mom wasn't working, so we spent the day together--gasp! It wasn't the kind of day that plays in montage while sappy mother-daughter music fills the background, but it was still a really good day...we went shopping together, something almost unheard of. She even bought me a new bra at the Vicky's semi-annual sale, and that after agreeing to get a Vicky's credit card because she "felt bad" for the shopgirl who was hawking them. The $15 bra I appreciated but the card I thought was a bit much; after all, I only shop there when there's a sale on, and she's never consented to actually pay for anything there before, but she claims she enjoys the fragrance section. *shrug*
No comments:
Post a Comment