My dad was in my dream last night, perhaps unsurprisingly so since I mentioned to Sean yesterday that today would have been his 58th birthday. All I can remember from the dream is that I was asking him if he wanted to visit my grandmother, and he was saying no; then I turned and there she was, sitting on a stool in front of a stove, pale and wearing a very ungrandma-like shade of dark lipstick. Meaning? Perhaps I like dreaming about dead relatives. I should have thrown my grandfather and my mom in there and then we could have had a real party!
Sean played one of his records for me yesterday, a song by Harold Arlen called "For Every Man There's a Woman," which included the following lyrics: 'For every prince there's a princess / for every Joe there's a Joan." I'm glad that was true for them, just as it's true for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment