...Yeah, I just Lolcat-ed myself in regards to my upcoming nuptials. But hey, as of yesterday, it's official, and we're engaged! Whoot! I told Sean I refuse to refer to him as my 'fiance,' though. That just sounds ridiculous.
Besides Sean's grandmother, who happened to be in the house at the time (and who was disappointed because she apparently wanted me to use one of her diamonds)the first people to find out were Richardson and his parents, for the sole reason that he had invited us out to dinner so he wouldn't have to hang out with them solo. They started mentioning this cruise that they had signed their family up for in May, and we look at each other and are like...what day in May, exactly, because...
Happy was very proud that she could say we started 'dating' in her house three and a half years ago. Obviously, we refrained from correcting her that we just hooked up in her basement that New Year's, and only actually started dating a week later. Either way, the Richardson casa did mark the start of it all.
So now Sean's parents know (his dad was like, 'but I thought you were already') and Carla has been emailed, and Sara/Rae/Heather got a group text message (Sean commented that Sara should have gotten a voicemail, to make up for the not one, but TWO times I left her a voicemail regarding a parent who had died on me) and it strikes me that I haven't told Jen, but when I tell her I have to call my aunts too, and I'm too tired for that. She'll probably just grunt at me "Congratulations, Bob" and then tell me everything the cat has been doing to torment her today. I tried describing her to Richardson last night with little success. She's just Jen, ineffable, inimitable Jen. Ah, family.
.....
.....
.....
Dude, I'm getting married! WTF?!
No comments:
Post a Comment