Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Change of Scenery

Last weekend was a long one! I traveled from Philadelphia to NJ to NY for a wedding, a bridal shower, and a bachelorette party, then back to Philadelphia and on to Virginia. Quite the whirlwind tour, but it was fun! Now Sean and I will be in Virginia until the beginning of July, when we head north again for Anna and TJ's wedding.

Virginia really is lovely, there's no denying that. Since Charlottesville is only 20 miles away from the Blue Ridge Mountains, you can see them towering in the distance whenever you're on a slight hill. I've been to a couple of the parks in the past week, both of which were serene and beautiful, if not particularly challenging in terms of their trails. When Sean has a day off (he's working Tues-Sat) and the weather is nice, we're going to go to Ragged Mountain, where the trail climbs 300 ft in the first half-mile!

We also have tickets to see a play called "The Knight of the Burning Pestle" at the American Shakespeare Center in a couple of weeks. This is the description: "Imagine Homer and Marge Simpson buying tickets to a Chekhov play and then climbing on stage to redirect the show with Bart as the star, and you have some idea of the fun Beaumont unleashes in The Knight of the Burning Pestle. Loaded with laughter and song, this play is a celebration of the way Elizabethan audiences expected to be a part of the action." I'm excited!

No comments: