We packed up this morning and left Charlottesville for Philadelphia, with a brief stop in Cherry Hill to pick up Sean's tux for the wedding this weekend. It was in the 90s in VA when we bid a mournful goodbye to the central air in Sean's apartment, anticipating how hot it would be in Philadelphia. And damn, is it hot. Unfortunately, while our house has the ability to stay pretty cool for a long time in the heat, once it heats up it also tends to hold it in. It must be 90 degrees on the third floor, because it's 85 on the ground floor. Phyllis was nice enough to turn on the air conditioner in my room this morning, so it's nice enough for the two of us in here, but leaving the room is like walking into a wall of heat.
This has required some tinkering with our travel schedule. First, off, we're going to go straight home to CT from Anna's wedding, instead of coming back to Philly to wait out the weekend traffic. We'll come back next Friday, so we just have to spend the one night there before Sean goes to Amsterdam on the 17th. After I drop him off at the airport, I'm going back down to his apartment! I just can't stay here and roast for two weeks, I'll kill myself! Also, it would be ridiculously inefficient to keep my air conditioner running for that long, when I can have an entirely cool apartment to myself in Virginia. Hopefully, by the time I get back to Philly for good at the end of August, things will have cooled down a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment