I put the three-day weekend to good use, and got the two larger pieces of cedar trim nailed up onto the shed! The one in the back (which came out a little wonky, despite using a level) was 8 feet, while the side one was 14 feet. Honestly very proud of myself that I didn't smack any fingers with a hammer, though there was quite a bit of cursing when the huge-ass framing nails just absolutely resisted in some areas. I was lucky to be able to prop the boards up on the cinderblocks, but still had to kind of throw my body against the wood to keep it as flush as possible while nailing. I expected my left forearm to kill me the next day, but in fact it was my lower back and butt from that! Still to come are the additional trim pieces. I picked up some "regular ass" nails to use for those, now that the big pieces of trim are on.
Jen and the boys came down Monday for what was supposed to be a pizza lunch, but we'd forgotten that not only was it a holiday, but all the pizza places around us are closed Mondays anyway. So it was lunch at the Hornet's Nest and then off to a park closer to the shoreline with a labryinth across from a tranquil lake. Well, as tranquil as the walking path was going to be with these two shrieking and hollering anyway - pictured here in a rare moment of quietude as they waited for us adults to catch up.
Charlie, tiny demon of chaos, is going to be nine next month. Pictured here while we waited on the same bench later, while Mom and Uncle Sean attended to Leo's sudden "uh-oh, I have to poop" in the woods.
Leon, temperamental man of moods, is five! The forest poop was, happily, a false alarm, and we went to get ice cream and look at the skeletons on the Branford green.




No comments:
Post a Comment