Well I’m once again working on my blog while unconnected to the internet. I’m sitting in my friend Lauren’s room while she finishes her essay for English class. I was intending to review some Spanish for class tomorrow but screw it. We’re having more fun just talking about random shit in our pasts while anyone who would be offended by our language and customs aren’t here. I’m glad I connected with weird people here, and she agrees. When I first met her I thought she was very shy and reserved, and then she turned out to be wild and a lot of fun. She said she was worried about people thinking she was weird, so she tried to act as “normal” as possible, but now that she’s got friends she can act as nutso as possible. Ok I’ve started using the adjective “uber” because wendy uses it a lot and people around me use it as well. We took our first ride around campus on the shuttle because wendy has asthma and she needed this breathing treatment that looked like she was smoking an opium pipe for fifteen minutes. In fact she has to go for another at 11:30pm, after which we’re heading to canisius hall to see if she got into the fall play. We met the bus lady judy and a nice upperclassman.
Had my first experience shaving in the showers today. My morning ritual now takes twice as long as at home, since I make one trip for showering purposes, which requires the careful ordering of items on the hook outside the stall, and then the actual showering which must be both time and space efficient, and deal with weaker water pressure than I’m used to. And then I make one for teeth brushing, flossing, contacts, vitamins. Sometimes another one for hair drying is required. Luckily I’m quite close to the bathroom, but at home I could be naked all the time, dash to my room in half a second, and I had more space and room. Ah, college. Luckily our bathroom is clean and never crowded. Wendy’s also thankfully ok with me not wearing boxers to bed (I hate it cause I roll a lot) and we’re completely comfortable changing in front of each other. Her mom’s taking us out to dinner tomorrow night. Whoot.
(this is later) the next morning, actually. Last night wendy and I got a lift to dolan with Karen the security guard, who is really nice. I had to ride in the prisoner part of the car. She took us around the townhouses, which are like a whole bunch of duplexes and multiplexes?, many many more than I had thought there were of them, and pointed out all the kids who don’t live there and just wander aimlessly around looking for a party or an open door. If they don’t live there and they’re being disruptive she writes them up and sends them packing. She also broke up a party of seventy-five people that night, and as we got dropped off there was something about a car on fire. She also invited us to do the ride alongs, on a weekend night after ten, when you see really amusing drunken antics and watch people get busted. Heeehee. Oh and I hate drunk people, even though I am awful at spotting them. One of the closeted girls on our floor, most likely one of the ones who wound up here by accident, had an entire troupe of drunken people visiting her last night, wandering around our floor in cow blankets and slapping our hands saying “yeah sub free, you go, you’re cool”. Grrrr. We could have had them kicked off of course if we’d told Karen the RA, but they weren’t too annoying and I think people do pity jen and her ilk for being stuck on the dry floor. Anyway my classes today are transformations in western art, Spanish conversation, and philosophy. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment