Four glorious days of doing next to nothing, which is just about as close as I've come to a vacation this summer. This year I didn't see any real fireworks, beyond what the Richardson clan was setting off in their driveway, nor did I eat any barbequed food items, but it was still a great four days--time with Sean, the family, and even the girls plus Cody last night. I feel relaxed--or rather I would feel relaxed if I weren't so tired my eyes keep closing at my desk. Not even ten AM and I've already downed a Diet Coke, eep!
Oh, and we saw Superman Returns this weekend, which was good by my standards, even though I knew nothing about the Superman mythology besides what I saw in an A&E special on its history. The actor who played him--delicious. However, move aside Brandon Routh because this upcoming weekend will witness my reunion with the true on-screen love of my life, Johnny Depp, as we triumphantly return to theaters to see Pirates 2! I'll be the first to admit that my interest in Johnny Depp is completely shallow. I don't even like to hear him speak in interviews--he's simply not that interesting. Men that beautiful should be seen and not heard, lest they ruin my rose-colored vision of them by realistic flaws.
The final bit of movie excitement is that tomorrow evening, Sara and I will indulge a years-old passion for a certain spiky-haired video game character by renting Final Fantasy: Advent Children, which stars none other than Squall and Sephiroth, those old dears. Be still my beating heart.
After this weekend, my summer is alarmingly planned out. Sean, my mother and I will make the pilgrimage to Massachusetts in a couple of weeks to initiate him into the mysterious insanity that is my grandfather. The weekend after that we're trying to plan a Fairfield gathering in New Haven, and the last weekend is both Our Lady of Pompeii carnival and our putative trip to Lovely Lollipop Lesbian Land, aka Wellesley (lol sorry Rae but alliteration, so tempting!) The first weekend in August is of course TJ's triumphant return-to-the-States party in Pennsylvania, and then the next couple of weekends feature Shakespeare performances and craft fairs. I suppose the good news is that I'm still free the 26th, the last weekend in August, haha. It's quite the change from last summer, when it felt ike there was too much time and too little to do in it. Now the reverse is true, and I find myself wondering how I'll fit in everything I had planned for this summer. But I'm having fun, and that's what counts.
Also, can I just note what a freakishly accurate memory Sean has? Last night he told me what we both ate on our first date, which was January 7th 2005. Hey, I'm excited when I can remember the name of the restaurant we were at (Geppi's). He's just unnatural. Coincidentally, this Friday will mark a year and a half of being together. Meow!
1 comment:
I believe your excitement over attractive Final Fantasy characters has clouded your memories, or at least your ability to recall character names. It's Cloud, my dear, not Squall. Although I am anxiously awaiting some sort of movie with Squall in it, hopefully of pornographic quality.
Post a Comment