Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Upshot

As an addendum to that previous entry, I don't really feel as sorry for myself as I may sound. I've got it pretty good, a fact of which I'm well aware. I'm proud of the job I have, perhaps not out of fondness for the service we provide, but simply that I got myself this job and have done so well at it. Perhaps the onset of PMS made me more emotional last night, but I was saddened almost to tears at the thoughts of summers past and how carefree things always seemed to be then. Now I'm hemmed in by schedules and responsibilities and it's hard to get used to the idea that I'll never be that free again. However, never in a million years would I trade StubHub for Sofia's, no matter how unfettered I was in those days.

Of course, the mother-voice in me wins, and I'll be working overtime tonight. Haha.

No comments: