On Saturday I found a place to live after graduation! I'll be moving into a little white cape house in Meriden. I met the owner, Rachel, and looked at the house, which is great. My room is on the ground floor, definitely bigger than the one at my house. She has three dogs and one adorably fat cat. Two of the dogs are teensy lapdogs, although admirably well-behaved ones, and the third is a placid labrador that reminds me of Heather's Bailey. Their current fourth, Greg (who had the neatest room of any male I've ever met outside of Sean) is moving out in April. This piece of information became even more pertinent after yesterday's events, when I tentatively agreed to sell my house--the potential buyers want to close by April 30th if everything works out. My fingers are crossed, I know real estate deals are never sure until everything's been signed and sealed. Apparently they're first-time homebuyers, currently renting somewhere in Windsor. I'm happy to think of my home becoming someone else's first home.
Sean reminded me yesterday that tomorrow it will have been six months since my mom died. Six months, and the world's still turning. Meanwhile, this Saturday, the day my sister incidentally flies to Aruba for vacation, would have been Captain Donut's 57th birthday. And of course, April 15th, the day of our Phi Beta Kappa induction, will be his seventh anniversary. My parents got a shout-out in my bio for the ceremony. The least I could do.
Amusing recently: Sean and I contemplating what would happen if people could meet the younger versions of themselves, and laughing imagining little Mrs. D. speaking of her enemies: 'What do you mean we haven't danced on their graves? What do youMEAN we went first?!". And little JTD: "Hm, so you say all those Table Talk pies were a bad idea? What about our nightly Haagen-Daz?...Ah...I see." Hahaha. If only they were around to see the way we make fun of them.
It's a beautiful day outside. Perhaps spring has come.
No comments:
Post a Comment