Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In Which I'm Drinking A Diet Coke at 8:45 AM

I was waiting in line at the DMV at 7:30. On the plus side, I was third in what became, by eight o'clock, a huge snaking line, so I was out of there with my duplicate title for the Tahoe by 8:15. Huzzah! Waiting at the DMV brings out the worst in people, or so I've observed in my several sojourns there over the last month. Hopefully I won't be darkening their doorstep anytime soon.

In other news...well, I'm not sure what news there is. I have a 6" by 4" purple bruise on my butt from going tubing on the Farmington river this past weekend. I think I hit the mother of all boulders in the first ten minutes. I know bruises, however ghastly, don't leave permanent scars...but this thing is freaky.

Oh yes, I saw two movies last week--Live Free or Die Hard, and Transformers. The former was an excellent action movie (I had to go by myself because silly Sean refused to see it, something about losing brain cells and whatnot). The latter, well, neither of us were really interested in going until all of his friends said it had been such an amazing film. And, you know, I watched the cartoon show once upon a time, so why not? Au contraire-it was probably the worst film I've seen in...I don't even remember when I last saw something so bad that I was shaking my head and wincing during the movie. The only good moment occurs when Optimus Prime and Megatron see each other for the first time during a battle. Otherwise, at 2.5 hrs, it was way too long for such a useless fluffball film.

No comments: