I can't believe I'm so old! I feel like up through 21, people are really prepared to cut you a lot of slack, but once you're 22 you're basically like every other adult, just with less money and no kids hanging on you in the grocery store. Oh well. My birthday was pleasant; I got some charming presents and a cake with my name on it, and no one died! A perfect celebration.
I also tried some kangaroo from Sean's meal at the restaurant we went to with his family, D'Errico's. It's an Italian restaurant but the owner likes to have different game meats on the menu. It really just tasted like steak--raw steak, since Sean likes his meat disgustingly red, but steak nonetheless. Gary said he would look into finding out where we can get ahold of rabbit meat from a butcher in the area, because I want to try my hand at making that rabbit dish Carla made for Easter.
Saturday morning I'm going to a spa for my birthday gift from Sean, and then we're moving him into his new apartment in Middletown! Sniff--the little boy is growing up and leaving the nest. Then I must get down to work on grad school applications...shudder...But it's a three day weekend, so it's all going to be OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment