I bought a ticket to visit Carla in Florence this March. I'm going back to Florence, even if it's only for a week.
This isn't even something I've been ruminating on; in a flight of fancy yesterday I decided to check some fares to Italy and was amazed how cheap some of them were. A midweek ticket (nonstop, for the first time in my traveling career!)in early March was really not that expensive, and when I considered that this is probably the one time in my life that I'll have a friend in a foreign city that I can shack up with, who has a kitchen that I (trans: Carla) can cook in, thus saving the costs of hotel and restaurants...it seemed like a good idea, so I did it.
I can't believe that I did it, by the way. But at the same time I'm glad I did it quickly, because I know if I let myself think about it for too long I would have up with all sorts of pragmatic reasons to deny myself the opportunity. Pipe down, there, practicality!
(And so, my fourth transatlantic count-down begins)
No comments:
Post a Comment