Friday, September 05, 2014

Ready, Set...

I don't want to have to say goodbye to Sean, but at the same time...I'm ready to go!  I'm tired of being in this constant state of "preparing."  Almost all of my stuff is packed in the two larger suitcases, which weigh a combined 86lbs.  Most of my clothes are in vacuum space-saver bags, which means all my shit is going to be incredibly wrinkled when I get to Rome.  Hm, maybe I should have bought that iron that another fellow was offering?  Oh well.

Most of my goodbyes have already been said.  I had lunch with Jen and my cousin Lisa in Waterbury on Wednesday, and then Jen and Vinny came to Linda's for dinner that night.  Jen gave me a ton of cash, which was really sweet and unnecessary, but Vinny's gift was just awesome: he took two used Samsung phones, turned off the cell-tower-seeking part, and stripped them of everything but Skype. That means Sean and I can talk for free, anywhere there's a wifi connection, instead of having to use our laptops!  He warned me that the batteries are really lacking in life, but so what.  It was such a thoughtful gift.  Linda also gave me a wonderful going-away present: she pulled photos from my FB account to create an awesome collage on Snapfish, and had it framed in a lightweight frame so I could have something to put on my wall when I get there!  Also incredibly thoughtful!

My to-do list has literally been whittled down to "switch Costco card into Sean's name" and "check for Ilchman diss at post office on Sat" (and cross my fingers that it doesn't come!) Yesterday I deep-cleaned the house, top to bottom, and took particular glee in employing Magic Erasers, which I am like the last person on the planet to learn about.  Those fuckers are amazing!  Walls, bathtub, microwave, they clean it all!  I even used one on a pair of flip flops before packing them this morning.

Today's agenda includes my last yoga class and a pedicure.  Sean and friends are playing at a golf tournament in honor of Jon Ward's dad.  Theoretically I should go to the "banquet" at 3, but I'm also meeting the other girls for dinner in Milford at 6, and then we'll probably meet up with the guys afterward, so....I need to conserve my energy!

No comments: