Saturday, July 20, 2002

Old people can be so annoying. Today I got sniped at by more than a few of these "redundantly living" for failing to seat them in the section by the window, which has an utterly fabulous view of asphalt. Only once so far have I ever tried to explain that there is sort of a formula for seating people, so that all the waitresses get an equal number of tables, and no one has too many or too few. I heartily regret that one error, because that little old lady glowered and complained until she got her premier parking-lot position. So now I just give them the seats they want, which doesn't win me points with the waitress working that section, either. And then they make no attempt to conceal the fact that they're complaining about me the next time I walk by.


oDE

o

the sweet & aged people
who rule this world(and me and
you if we're not very
careful)

O,

the darling benevolent mindless
HE-and-She
shaped waxworks filled
with dead ideas(the oh

quintillions of incredible
doddering godly toothless
always-so-much-interested-
in-everybody-else's-business

bipeds)OH
the bothering
dear unnecessary hairless
o

ld

~e.e. cummings

Seems that the man and I are of an accord.

No comments: