Sunday, October 17, 2004

Weekend!

This weekend we went to the debate tournament at Harvard. The foliage farther north was so beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Luscious. Harvard itself was impressive, as always, and the tournament was definitely well-run, it was ON TIME, which never happens! This was Meredith and my debut as a team, and we did pretty damn well (4 out of 5). I enjoyed everything except the rain, which fell in copious amounts as we trekked through Cambridge to our lodgings. Rae scolded me for not letting her know I'd be coming in advance, but even if she'd come there wouldn't have been that much time I could have spent with her. Sorry! However, there is a tournament at PC next semester which I'm lobbying for us to go to....

After returning here yesterday, I faced the utter disappointment of watching the Sox lose 19-8. 19 to fucking 8!!! actually we didn't watch all the way through, at 12-6 I could no longer take it and we watched some episodes of Sex and the City. After midnight I returned to my room to entertain my guest (read: Dirk) which was quite fun. Nothing too scandalous occurred, since I was expecting Carla to return early. She ended up showing up at 3am totally smashed. Now, understand that Carla doesn't drink often and she's rarely ever been drunk. It was utterly hysterical, especially her seeing Dirk and saying "Who ARE you?? I don't know you!! Get out of my room!"

Oh, and tonight, as in in ten minutes, we're all headed to Sean's house in New Haven for a real Italian dinner, kindly provided by his wonderful grandma. Sweeet.

No comments: