It was Saturday that started the real fun. homemade italian, poker, and rum all make for a very enjoyable evening--especially since I won my first game of texas hold'em!! wheee!!! now my roommate owes me even more money that I will never ever see again. Sunday morning Mike and I had the most amazing steaks ever (I felt like I hadn't had a steak in FOREVER, and I still can't quite recall how long it had been. sooooo goood!) and we watched this disturbing show on Animal Planet called "world's most extreme breeder", about the weirdest animal reproductions. There's something weird about me and Sean's house and Animal planet--I never, ever watch it when I'm in my dorm room, but it seems every time I'm at Sean's it's all I wind up watching! It could be because he has like ten million channels but it's different than here at school, so I can never find a damn thing. Anyway, I learned about the difficult time the kiwi has in mating--apparently it's really hard to have sex if you're a wingless bird, very hard to balance. Poor guy couldn't kept falling all over his girlfriend.
After we got back Sean and I went up to the Zen garden, which is always so pretty, and proceeded to have a Basil Rathbone/Errol Flynn-esque battle with various sticks. I managed to break Sean's stick every time, leading him to denounce me as a "stick-buster", but what can I say? Mine were bigger. Size matters.
After watching "Operation Petticoat", one of the cary grant movies sean gave me, we went to la Salsa...they have like ten different kinds of salsa to pick from, and one in the corner was habanero, which is one of the spiciest peppers anywhere, so naturally sean dunks this chip it in and eats it and, after about five seconds, his tongue is on fire, he breaks a sweat and starts downing my soda. So Mike and I both take a tiny, tiny speck of the habanero (like 1/50th what sean ate!!), and jesus christ did I feel like my mouth was on fire! Never, ever again.
After we deposited "the kids" back at school, the two of us went down to the beach we visited in December, except on the public part where there are no swings and hence not ten million children. It was so beautiful, even though it faced east so the sun was setting behind us and not over the water. I'd love to live near the ocean when I'm older.
So this was my weekend, wonderfully spent with my friends and Sean and my crazy, beloved roommate. It's strange to think that when this semester ends, half of my college career will be over. All I can say is that I am indescribably thankful to be at the point in my life where I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment