Wednesday, April 06, 2005

So It Goes

Strange occurrences continue--my friend Adamo from Northwest asked me out online last night, in quite an awkward fashion. Wtf? Adamo? Our little art club pal? I haven't laid eyes on him since I graduated! Rae and I laughed about who inherited whose former crush, but I would like to note that hey, who was never liked by dan? And who never liked dan? oh yeah! i may have liked aaron "swamp thing" meadows, but at least he is not drawing furry animal porn these days. actually, he totally could be, i don't know what happened to him.

Another dream about my dad last night, the true herald of the April season. Nine days away and I'm still surprisingly together, though I did tear up at the end of Lost in A Good Book, (spoiler) when Thursday's father stops her from sacrificing herself to save the world and dies in her place instead. What can I say--mix together fathers, daughters, and someone's dying moment and it's hard not to cry. I remember a weeklong string of Simpsons a few years ago which alllll seemed to be about Homer's relationship with his kids, especially Lisa, and one was about him knowing he'd die the next day because he ate the poison blowfish. Would you believe I couldn't stop crying during that episode? Of course he survived, and ironically, even Thursday's dad comes back in the end, a different version of himself but still the same old Dad. That's why I love fiction--no one has to stay dead forever.

Oh well. I'm still here, I'm still me, and there's no indication any alternate version of my dad will be popping out of the timestream anytime soon. All for the best, as I have so many, many times decided, but on a day like today, when it is sunny and warm and you feel like all your relationships, no matter how complicated, will somehow be able to sort themselves out, on a day like today there's no harm in just wishing.

No comments: