Oh god, just got the latest cell phone bill and it's 170 bucks. Dear god, my mom is not going to be pleased. Although technically she's just sapping my account for the money anyway. Well, I've spent 460 dollars this semester on the phone...HOLY CRAP.
So here I am just about two days from home! All packed, ready to go. The weather has gotten even warmer, you don't need a jacket even in the shady areas anymore. The Americans have begun to hit the city full force, and the summer classes are already here, we passed several of them in groups today. Tomorrow's going to be long, so long, since I'm not planning on getting any actual sleep, though I am going to try to nap in the evening. In the morning I'm getting up early to go take photos, we have to clean the apartment and the other girls need to finish packing, and then at night we're going to eat at ZaZas one last time around 10 or so. At midnight we already have a showering schedule worked out--I got dibs on first, muahaha--and then we're going to read our favorite sections of Lamb aloud to each other until the bus picks us up circa 445 am. And, by 1230 pm on Sunday, I will be in JFK, 14 hours of travel after I leave the apartment. Crazy. BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Italy, I love you, and Florence you will always be my favorite city-that's-barely-a-city, but it's time we went our separate ways. So this is my last post from Florence, from the four months that have been one of the experiences I will always cherish. I'll be back someday, but never to live here, so in a way this is truly goodbye to a way of life that I feel very lucky to have had a chance to live. Let me never forget it, any of it.
Ciao, arrivederci, buonasera, goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment