Tonight is our final program dinner, which I suppose should be filling me with feelings of sadness and despair, but it's not...really, I'm saddest that Sara and Heather aren't here! Heather is back in gay Paris and Sara is currently pilgrimaging her way through Spain and Portugal towards Santiago de Compostela.
Yesterday I took the bus up to Settingnano, a tiny village perched above Florence with a great view of the valley. It had been raining in the morning but by afternoon was gorgeous; still, when I got to the "punto panoramico" so kindly indicated by street signs, I could see the black clouds settling over Florence from the mountains, so I made the visit a short one and caught the next bus. Naturally, we're five minutes down the hill and the sky just lets loose with a flood of water.
Last night Anna and I were at the internet place while briefly toying with the idea of going to the 3-euro porn shop on Guelfa and picking up some entertainment for the evening, but it started to pour AGAIN, so we thought better of it. Plus we were having Teresa over for one of Carla's fabulous meals, and that's really the kind of thing you need to share with those you know and love. Surprisingly enough, dinner began at 730 and she didn't leave till almost 10--she's hilarious, I had no idea! Then we sat around bullshitting for a while and wound up in one of our serious debates, once again on abortion and the death penalty, and finally we called it a night in favor of some Milka and Ever After. This movie, ps, is awesome and I had forgotten entirely how sexy Dougray Scott is. Ironically enough he's actually scottish, too.
Now I'm going to Piazzale Michelangelo for one last visit, although I'm cheating and taking the bus up there because I don't feel like sweating the whole way. I'll walk down because the famous rose garden should be open today. It's weird that I have to make time to "say goodbye" to all my favorite things in Florence, but so it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment