Actually I don't have much of a comeback for that. Anyway, last night was the English Awards night. I didn't win either the poetry or lit crit awards (although I have to acknowledge that the girl who won the poetry award is an excellent writer), and for some reason I was about the only senior who was inducted into the honor society, Sigma Tau Delta (or STD, as Sean helpfully pointed out)this year instead of last year. That was kind of an embarassing oversight; it's supposed to be the top third of all English majors in each year, and I have about a perfect GPA in my English major. I didn't even think about it until they named all of last year's juniors who were inducted and I realized it was virtually everyone else. Embarassing.
Anyway, so yeah, this was all made good by the final award, which went to me and Lauren as "Best Senior English Majors of 2007." It wasn't the award itself, but what Dr. Bayer and Dr. Bridgford said about me that was a definite boost for a slightly deflated pride--my favorite snippet was Dr. Bridgford saying I was the "ideal student" and one of the best students she'd worked with in 25 years. I seriously considered asking Dr. Bayers for a copy of the remarks to read to myself when I'm depressed. Haha.
Oh yes, in other news, the housing deal is going through, but I have to move out by April 30th. Um, awesome, except that's two weekends from now, and I'm finding a different apartment to live in because the house in Meriden was going to be way too far away from my job. Sigh. Going up this weekend to work on boxing stuff up, but there's still the dining room set to dispose of, and the car, and all the furniture I can't take, and of course I lost Betty and Alan's number. It's going to be an extremely stressful couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment