Today I finished my first year of graduate school! I am halfway to my master's and perhaps one-sixth of the way to my PhD. A couple of good things happened today; Dr. Bolman told me that I should consider marketing myself in the future as someone who can teach both Renaissance and Byzantine, since I've shown so much interest in the field. Then, I got the following email from the head of the grad program:
Dear Michelle,
The graduate faculty has met for our annual review of students. We note that you are making very satisfactory progress toward your Masters.
We have agreed to waive the comp in view of your background in art history and your performance.
We urge you to consider taking one of your excellent seminar papers and converting it expeditiously to a thesis.
The Cheshire Cat grin is therefore firmly in place. Even better: I'm getting married to the most amazing man in the world in a couple of weeks, and then I'm going abroad, and then on my honeymoon. Life, overall, is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment