''One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.''
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Star Trek Cont'd
Sean and I rented Star Trek IV: The Journey Home tonight, and I laughed my ass off. I've never seen the original series, but as I told Sean I'm pretty sure there's no way the other movies can top Kirk, Spock and the rest trying to blend in with the 1980s in San Francisco. The plot of the movie: they have to travel back in time to bring some humpback whales back to their present so they can save Earth from an alien probe that is trying to communicate with the by-then extinct whales. Yes. It is a thinly-disguised "save the whales" movie, complete with a thrilling last-minute save of the whales in question from dastardly cetacean-killers. And it is hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment