Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Deep Thoughts: Firth and Vermeer

Against all odds, I really am enjoying this TA business, which is in no small part due to my fellow TAs. The following was part of an email exchange regarding the making of Friday's AWW slideshow:

Amy: I added the vermeer "lady writing a letter with maidservant" pre "Allegory" to briefly show them what Vermeer is actually known for. If anyone feels strongly about a different example then feel free to change it. I don't particularly love him and his chicks are homely.

Agnes: I like the movie "Girl with a Pearl Earring" with Colin Firth, or maybe I just love Colin Firth.

Me: I have to disagree with you on the movie (though not the Firthness). I say we just show Colin Firth as a slide.

Agnes: See the attached photo. I've added it to Friday's slideshow, to stimulate our discussion of Vermeer.


Me: I will see your Firth and raise you one costume drama.

Beat THAT, Agnes.

No comments: