I completed my second 6-hour voyage down to Virginia this afternoon. The landscape is beautiful, particularly once you cross into Virginia, and it happens to be the perfect time of year to do some leaf-peeping (except for the fact that I was driving, but, you know, details). The reason why I'm blogging now, as opposed to attaching myself to Sean limpet-like, is that he has homework to accomplish before we go out to dinner. Old English, boo!
Driving the scenic route out to Target the other day, I decided that bright yellow and deep red are my favorite fall leaf colors. When we buy a house someday, I think I'd like to shop in the fall so I know what kind of leaf colors are on offer. No, I (probably) wouldn't base my decision on something like that, but it wouldn't hurt to see a house attractively framed by foliage, either. If there were two equally suitable houses, and one happened to have trees that turn red and yellow in the fall, well, that would settle it. Along the same lines, if we were shopping in the late spring, I'd like to see a house that has, or is near, lilac bushes. Of course, in that case I know I can always plant the lilac (or honeysuckle, another favorite of mine) on my own if the house doesn't come pre-equipped. Trees are a little more difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment