How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways
I love you with a beard
and I love you clean-shaven.
I love you in your cords
and in your baggy jeans,
in your Boy Scout socks
and your big floppy sneakers.
I loved you in your old white van,
and I love you in your “coffin mobile”.
I love you when I haven’t seen you in a week
and when I see you every day.
I love you online, on the phone
and most of all, in person.
I love you in Starbucks, Borders, Friendly’s,
and all those places we hang out.
I love you as a housecat
and as a jungle cat.
I love you when you’re smiling
and when you’re not,
when you’re relaxed
and when you’re frustrated.
I love you in your basement
and in your bedroom.
I love you when you’re listening,
and when you tune me out.
I love you when you sing in the car,
and when you play air drums.
I love you dressed
and undressed.
I love you in my thoughts, my dreams
and my fantasies.
I love you when I think of how much you love me.
No comments:
Post a Comment