I do so love beaches at night, especially when you have all the lights and activity of Bridgeport to your left and the silent blackness of the Sound on the other side, with the waves crashing and crashing in front of you. I'm glad we live on the ocean; I can't imagine what it would be like to live somewhere landlocked. I remember thinking when I was younger that the ocean was as close as I could come to understanding something that was infinite or eternal--you know it ends, somewhere, but when you're standing on the beach it just goes farther and farther away until it reaches nothingness, and it seems too massive to be understood. It's incredible.
Of course we had to be silly and write things all over the sand, like our phone numbers and a giant "we heart sean". Oh, and "Empress and Co". Take that Meredith, wouldn't include me in your MD!!
No comments:
Post a Comment