Thank you cards...finally...finished. It only took what, two months, and no end of squabbling and nagging. I had these high hopes that this would be Sean's task and that I wouldn't have to do it. Oh, pipe dreams. In the end, I wrote them all out and Sean offered suggestions for people who aren't my friends or family (about 80 percent of the guest list). Apparently his endless gifts of charm and faux-cheerfulness do not extend to the kind of platitudes necessary for thank-you cards, because you'd think I was asking him to wade into a snake pit, the way he acted. We also got into an argument a few weeks ago when he claimed that thank yous were 'obviously' invented by some wishy-washy Victorian woman and are an inherently female notion. Grrrrr.
In other news, I baked this morning! I made blackberry cobbler, which Sean had requested for his birthday. Judging from the fact that he ate half the pan in an hour, I guess it turned out pretty good. I'm so domestic.
No comments:
Post a Comment