Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still in Virginia

Back in Panera, using their free wifi again. They block DListed, though, which is annoying. My favorite website, too! How dare they.

Yesterday I hung out at the library to finish my paper while Sean attended the linguistics orientation. (Yes, the monster is finished and submitted! Whoot! Sean read it over last night and he actually liked it, which is frankly surprising.) Afterwards we went to look inside the Rotunda, and then I accompanied him to the general graduate student orientation, which was a spectacular waste of time--lectures on academic honesty, how to be a better TA, blah blah blah. Then we picked up Sean's car, which had indeed needed a $300 alternator. Oh, Bertha.

For dinner we went to a place that offered both Chinese and Japanese, which was pretty win-win because Sean likes sushi and finds Chinese boring, and I hate sushi and love my chicken and broccoli. Of course, in normal life, any restaurant that offers menus from two separate countries as though you shouldn't know that they're two different cultures should be cause for alarm, but we're in the south, we're prepared to forgive them some foibles. After dinner we ended the evening with a rousing game of Scrabble, in which Sean, as usual, kicked my ass, and I, as usual, peppered him with insults and kicks to the shin. That's married life, folks!

No comments: