Wednesday, May 14, 2003

I had a weird dream last night about greg having to use this Love-O-Matic thing to test how much he loved me. It wound up on the second one from the top, which read "Love her,but it's over." And I was standing right there! So when I asked him why that happened, he explained that it was because I'm giong to school next year, and....you know.....these things sort of end, right there. But then I woke up as i was trying to convince him that that doesn't have to be the case. And then meghan and i had a discussion--which practically involved yelling because we were in the cafeteria and it was so darned loud--about going off to college while keeping your relationship. She said she would never do that, and I'm planning on doing that. I guess I can see where she'd be coming from, that it would limit you in some fashion, prevent you from exploring all your new possibilities and all those hot guys at college. But I don't feel like I'd be limited at all. What am I limited from? Pointless weekend hookups? The dating game? I'm not limited from making new friends, of both genders, or from exploring who I am, or having an awesome time at college. Plus, I'm going to college with something incredibly special, that not many people get to have at this age, someone who really loves me. Throwing aside a relationship merely because you're moving on to college is like saying that gee, this was nice, but i'm pretty sure there's something better out there, so...so long! I'm not saying that greg and i are going to last 'forever' and all of that mush, but I have no doubt that we can handle being apart. The thought of being without him for good, for losing something so important to me, is a far worse thought than not seeing him for a few weeks here and there.

Oh yeah, and as for being limited from the hot guys, c'mon, I check out all the hot guys now and I haven't even left yet. Looking at other guys doesn't make me feel guilty, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of guys to look at at fairfield, but I'm not going to feel deprived just because I can't jump every sexy kid i see in the hallway. I've got a very sexy guy to jump whenever I'm at home!

In conclusion, I'm contemplating skipping both monday and this friday. hmm. unfortunately I don't know when the voices book is going to get done.....hrmmmm......

No comments: