Or maybe I am just quick to be cynical about some people these days. It seems that if you really want to believe what someone says that they believe about themselves, and then it just turns out not to be so true after all, you have trouble believing them again....
''One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.''
Saturday, May 17, 2003
Skipped school yesterday to see the Matrix Reloaded with Ashley. It was entertaining in terms of Neo's attractiveness, some of the fight sequences, the amusing revelations about his true role as the One...or One of Many? As to the philsophy which fairly dripped from every character's mouth--it seems anyone with a bad accent and a penchant for verbosity can be a philosopher these days--I wasn't that impressed. Perhaps it was not the quality of what was said but the quantity of it. i felt as though whatever message the Wachowskis were trying to send was lost in the rubble of everything else they insisted on saying. Yes, causality is a conundrum that will make your head hurt if you think about it. Free will versus fate is mystifying. But maybe it's supposed to be. Or maybe saying that's the easy way out. Either way, I still found the movie to be somewhat less than the nirvanic experience other people have claimed it was. Of course, they think the rest of us are missing something. It could be true, or they could just be reading too much into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment