Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I read Sense and Sensibility tonight. After having such a dislike of Austen because of my hatred of Pride and Prejudice, I was half-expecting to not like this either (I saw the movie on tv a week ago and absolutely loved it), but it was such an easier read than p & p! i loved it too! it even helped to already have images of the film in my mind, and i'm often against seeing a movie before i read the book because i will preconcieve the characters, but i suppose in period dramas it helps to really imagine the scenery, the accents, the little physical traits. it was cool.


also on the austen side of things, i'm seeing things in the relationships around me that make me want to play cupid like emma, except i know i can't for many reasons, not the least of which that i would suck at any matchmaking attempts. sadly people must work things out for themselves, or not.

pablo was in vanity fair! along with a very sexy pic of orlando!

No comments: