Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I have a few minutes, whilst I languish in the language resource center, so I thought I'd post. It turns out some sophomore from here was murdered in Brooklyn on Sunday. He was shot a bunch of times and dumped out of a moving car, and they don't have any idea who did it or what was going on. He'd gotten separated from his friends earlier at a club. I know people who know this kid, Mark. It's so unsettling. Plus where was Andrew all this weekend? Brooklyn.
On a brighter note, my art professor really loves me! Whoohoo for the artistically challenged michelle, who can at least succeed in analyzing and writing about art. He said he was amazed by the quality of my biblical source paper, even after I told him that I'm not 17 anymore and therefore not a prodigy. He pulled me out of class to ask me about my interest in majoring in art, to which I said no but I said I'd consider doing a minor. Right now I want to minor in Spanish, because it's useful and I have to take classes to go to Spain anyway. I was slightly considering minoring in biology, but basically I just want to take more classes on genetic engineering and evolution. I liked that stuff. And of course my major is english, which is the reason I write well anyway. Yeah. AND even more happily, I won the leaf assignment! I found a leaf on my front steps that was so cool, an oak leaf that was just starting to turn so it had a band of beautiful read all around and then green inside. The whole class voted it number one. The prof put it up on thewall, but I kind of wanted it back…twas a pretty leaf.

No comments: