1. If you had the choice to spin around the sun, or walk on the moon, which would you choose and why?
I’d walk on the moon. Think of how quiet it must be out there.
2. If you could share that experience with one person, who would that be, and why?
Rae, because right now I think she really needs a bit of R&R.
3. What colour do you think best describes you and why?
Blue. It has a lot of different shades, all of them beautiful. How does this describe me? Well, I’m multi-faceted and gorgeous. Obviously.
4. Do you know what your element is? If so what is it?
My element is Air. Fall Air, to be exact, thank you astrological wall calendars.
5. Do you know your astrological sign? If so what is it?
Libra
6. Do you believe that your dreams are a gateway to your soul?
Despite what I may believe, I know for a fact that dreams are the expression of my subconscious. How my soul ties into my subconscious is another matter. I haven’t really given much thought to it.
7. What is your most vivid dream?
The dreams I had a few years ago where my father was still alive, he hadn’t died, and I was desperately trying to tell him something but I never got the words out before the dreams ended.
8. If you could be doing anything right now, what would you be doing and why?
I would be cuddling with Tommy on a really big, comfortable bed, because that would just make me very very happy.
9. If you could only choose one element to surround yourself with either a)wind, b)fire, c)earth, or d)water, which would you choose and why?
Air, because then I could breathe it and not be burned, smothered, or drowned. Plus it’s my element, c’mon.
10. Would you ever share you heart completely with someone else? If yes, who, if no, why not?
I hope so. I haven’t found that person yet.
11. Who runs circles around your mind?
Annie, because I’ve never understood where her incredible well-spring of creativity and energy comes from. It’s like no one else I’ve ever met.
12. If you had to paint a self-portrait would you make it a)realistic, b)abstract, or c)you'd rather die than have to pick up a paint brush? Explain your answer.
Despite my lack of painting proficiency, I would try to make it as realistic as possible. I would want people to remember me as me, and not as some asymmetrical blobs of paint on a canvas. Although admittedly that’s probably how my portrait would turn out anyway.
13. Which do you prefer more and why, a)natural light, b)candle light, c)florescent light, or d)moonlight?
Well the creator of fluorescent lights should just be burned alive anyway, so that’s out. I love the romance of candlelight, but for practical purposes, like reading, it’s annoying. I’d take moonlight, because it’s so cool when you’re walking around under a full moon and you don’t have to worry where the next streetlight is, there’s so much illumination.
14. Do you believe in karma? Do you even know what karma is?
I’m not quite sure. Sometimes things come around and sometimes they don’t, and bad things definitely happen to good people. When things do work out evenly, people just label it karma.
15. How about fate? Are we all fulfilling a destiny here on earth?
Yes and no….obviously we make choices, I don’t think we’re rats on a wheel, but I feel somehow that we are working within a greater plan….I like the Masonic image of the Great Architect of the Universe.
16. Who is the most thought-provoking person you know, and why?
My dad. He definitely provokes more thoughts in me than anyone else. Lol.
17. Who is the most inspiring and why?
Wendy, because she has so much drive and inspiration, she’s so amazingly friendly and out-going despite any and all crap that could be going on. She claims she really has no self-confidence but girl, believe me, no one can ever tell. And she’s comfortable with herself, I really envy that.
18. If you had to spend the rest of your natural life with only one other human being, who would that be and why?
At this point I’d say wendy, because we’ve already demonstrated that we can live in a very small space for long periods of time without any attempted homicides.
19. Which sense could you not live without, and why?
The sense of sight. The world is so incredibly beautiful, even if it were on mute I would still not give it up.
20. Have you ever written on a mirror? If so what did you write?
I can’t say I have.
21. Have you ever written or drawn on another person? If so who, and what did you write/draw?
Oh, so many people. Numbers, reminders, little designs.
22. What do you wish on?
I wish on 11:11 when I remember, and I wish on stars.
23. Tell the person who sent this to you one thing about yourself, however big or small, that you've never told before.
No one sent this to me, but hmm, something I haven’t told anyone then? Well then, to all of my friends: whenever I imagine my future ten, twenty, thirty years down the line, my wonderful successful life with my Spanish villa full of art and my huge library and my vintage corvette, I always imagine them in it, no matter how impractical that may seem. They’re always there with me.
24. Right now is your life, spiraling, or ascending? Why?
Ascending in the general sense, but spiraling toward the end of the year.
25. If you could change one thing you did in the last 24 hours, what would it be and why?
Er, I wouldn’t have left the deli bag of turkey open on the counter so that Mr. Binky jumped up and started eating it and then my mom started yelling at me because she was making herself a sandwich for tomorrow.
26. What can someone do to you that would turn you on fully, physical or mental, or both?
Read me a poem. (A good one).
27. Do you prefer sleeping outside beneath the night sky, or your cozy bed indoors? Why?
Both. Inside beds are really comfy and warm, but there’s something so incredible about being outside under the stars, or even under a canopy of trees. Naturally this only applies to bug-free environments. If there are bugs give me the damned inside bed any day.
28. What is the most beautiful thing in the world?
Never ever could I name one. No way.
29. Name one person whose changed your life for the better.
My dad, through his death as well as his life. Also sara, heather and rae for everything that happened in the years that followed. They’ve truly helped make me the person I am now.
30. Name one person whose changed your life for the worse.
Jen.
31. If you knew you were going to pass away within the next few days, what would be the last thing you say, and who would you say that to?
I would say “I love you”, and I would say it to everyone I possibly could.
32. Do you believe in heaven? If so what do you think it will be like?
If I had to choose a uniform place, it would be like the Elysian Fields the Greeks wrote about, eternal natural beauty and peace. No clouds, please, and no naked boys toting harps.
33. Would you rather a)run through a sunflower field, b)jump inside a waterfall, or c)hike through the woods? Why?
Running through the sunflower fields would destroy them, and the waterfall thing reminds me of a scene in Jurassic park 2, so I’ll take the woodsy hike.
34. What is your worst fear in the world? Does it consume you?
Heights, and if you get me near something high you bet your ass it consumes me. Hell, get me near a tall flight of stairs or on a stepladder and it consumes me. Isn’t phobia wonderful?
35. What is one thing that can make you smile no matter what mood your in?
Reading really good poetry, looking at something beautiful.
36. If you could meet anyone, past or present, dead or alive, who would you meet and why?
I’d definitely have to say Jesus, at this point. Can you imagine all the questions I’d have to ask him, to figure out how much of what’s in the gospel actually happened and how much is “editorializing”? plus maybe I could get the actual scoop on him and mary magdelene.
37. Have you ever written poetry? Have you shared it?
Yes and yes.
38. Do you believe experimentation can be a good thing? Why or why not?
Experimentation is good depending on the situation. Experimenting with crack, for instance—not good. Experimenting with green lipstick—not good but not as bad as crack. Experimenting in a safe environment, good.
39. What was the last thing someone said to you?
My mom asked if I wanted more banana bread for school. For some crazy reason I said no. actually I said no because she did so much baking yesterday, I feel kind of bad asking.
40. What was the last thing you said to them?
What I just said.
41. If you had the ability to change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?
People would be more tolerant.
42. If you could go back in time, where would you go, what would you do, and why?
Back to the Renaissance, and I would go spy on all the famous guys working.
43. What is the most bizarre thing you've ever done to yourself?
Ummmm….i can’t really think of anything, honestly. I guess it could be me wearing dark brown lipstick in sophomore year, such that joe whatsisname inquired of someone if I were a satanist. Because it’s a known fact that satanists can be identified by their choice of makeup. Jackass. I glared at him in the hallways for a week hoping he’d think I was going to make a voodoo doll of him or something. Hmm maybe this is why all the guys were afraid of me. Maybe they all thought I worshipped the devil. Oh well, their loss, right? Right?
44. And finally, what makes you you?
you’d think this is an easy question, but it’s really kinda not. Because anything I say, like my intelligence or my sense of humor, could be completely identical to some random person on the other side of the globe. I could take the literalist route and say my social security number, which in the eyes of the government is really my only identifying characteristic….i guess I’ll go with the old “unique set of life experiences” one. I’m hoping there’s not another person out there who has had the exact same life as I have. If there is, they need to call me up and we need to chat. Wouldn’t that be so awesome, to be able to kvetch to someone who knows EXACTLY what you’re talking about??
No comments:
Post a Comment