Thursday, July 22, 2004

Night

Sometimes, I am easily irked (I like this word, "irked"). For instance, I always have to restrain the impulse to be very, very nasty to anyone who is so unwise as to bother me at work while I'm trying to eat dinner in the space of, like, seven minutes. Seven minutes is probably the length of time it would take me, uninterrupted, to wolf down half a grinder, but does it ever take me seven minutes? No, more like twenty-seven, because there is somewhere a law that says whenever Michelle orders her food, even if it has been completely dead for half an hour, customers will appear out of the woodwork to be sat or to pay their bills, or else waitresses will need credit cards run, checks cashed or tips handed out. Even if I have been in a grossly cheerful mood the entire shift, I suddenly become very resentful at not being allowed more than two bites between customers.

Also, I get annoyed when people promise to call you back and then don't, like Tommy, who, when i called him, said he'd call me later tonight but who has undoubtedly already gone to bed. Things like that make me have bitch moments, even though i try to remind myself that men are stupid and easily forgetful of small things like calling their girlfriends back.  Argh.

Note, one hour later: Talking to Mark and Steve (who I hadn't talked to in a long time) online definitely made me end the evening on a happier note. Ironically, Tommy called twice just a few minutes after I left my cell in my room and came down here to type in an annoyed huff at men's ignorance. Oh well!


No comments: