I loved the irony of my goodbye scene with Charlie this evening, before he leaves for Sicily for several months: he pulled me into a hug and an extremely gross Italian kiss, and my purse knocked his bottle of water off the table and into his lap. muahahha. serves you right, you little pervert. I hope he catches hoof-and-mouth disease over there or something.
''One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.''
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Dada
I love it when I actually catch some of the more obscure cultural references in "Frasier". That show always made me feel alternately very smart or very ignorant. Tonight I felt smart for actually understanding when Frasier and Niles discussed attending an art exhibit of one of the foremost Dada artists; it was this weird modern art movement that we looked at in the end of the spring semester. I don't think I'd ever go to any great lengths to see any of it, but as anyone who's ever watched Frasier knows, those two love absolutely anything cultural. I mean, is it possible for someone to be that damn sophisticated, about theatre, opera, art, ballet, wine, all of that? And to also know a bunch of languages and be a doctor? Jeez.
No comments:
Post a Comment