Saturday, August 07, 2004

Weather

It's August, right? Then why is it that I seem to need a jacket when I go out at night lately?

Today I woke up in a kind of blah mood and really tired since I didn't sleep till 2 or 3 like I'd planned, thank you family. My mood was decidedly improved by talking to Mark and Pete online, because they say silly things and make fun of me and make me laugh. I decided to look as striking as possible for work tonight, pulling out this low-cut spandexy top that I used to wear all the time in my early days at Sofia's, with my favorite black skirt and hair that just looked damn good today because there's so little humidity in the air. Everyone kept telling me how good I looked, which of course put me in a really good mood for working. I only wanted to kill ONE old person tonight! that might be a record. Anyway, the person I had the most fun with was Ashlee, who's 20, has like fifteen piercings and who's funny in a wicked kind of way...we managed to hold conversations about strip clubs, alcohol, vibrators (her younger sister may or may not have stolen Ashlee's vibrator; it disappeared from under her mattress a month ago and her mom's not the type to care. can you say disgusting?) and various other really topics that really aren't appropriate for a crowded restaurant on a saturday night. but it was fun, and we decided we really have to start hanging out, so i'm going to call her later this week. plus, she has many attractive male friends. cough.

so i still have like half an hour before i'm going over to the deleon's, which is a really good house to hang out at, by the way, because we're not being constantly SHHHHHed like at khara's and no one is being anal and they have five adorable cats, including Leroy, who we know loves the white women, and Zack, who rode shotgun on my dashboard on the way to Stop and Shop. and plus, you know, melissa and jessi live there, and they're the coolest sisters ever. they get along really well, they're both hot, they both lead interesting lives and are fun to be around, and they just always have each other. i envy them that. actually i just realized that of all my friends up here, heather's the only other one with a sister...bunny is a cool girl most of the time, but she can never live up to the deleon magic.

i'm not so much in a cracked-out phase anymore. obviously, way too soon to be jumping to any conclusions, but i'm just feeling more and more that this was really the right thing to do. most of my confusion is leftover shock from actually being dumped for the first time ever, i think. the more i think about it, the more i realize how truly difficult it would be to make things work between us. and this will be continued another time cause i have to get over to melissa's.

No comments: