I had a lot of pictures of guys on mine, including heather's steven. I showed my mom the collage this mornning, hoping she wouldnt notice the one of heather holding a drink in a coconut and me with a bottle of smirnoff, but the first one she noticed was the one of me and manuel in which his has is very conspicuously on my ass. She asked who that was, and I was like oh, that's manuel, and she didn't ask anything else. My mother. She must think I'm a crazy ho or something. Luckily I guess she couldn't tell I was a sophomore in that pic--which i think you totally can, because I'm ridiculously pale and not wearing any makeup--because what would I have told her? Yeah, mom, remember my trip to spain? Well, your slutty daughter went and made out with some foreign guy she'd just met. Ain't he hot, though?
The most amusing point in the evening was definitely when the topic of Dave came up. For any who may not know or remember, junior year I was lucky enough to get to go to the Breadloaf Young Writers' Conference, which is held at Middlebury College in Vermont. It was without a doubt four of the best days of my entire life, to be surrounded by people who loved to write as much as I did in such a gorgeous natural setting, right near where Robert Frost had his cabin. Ok it did manage to snow like the third day, in May, and once again I only had a hoodie I'd borrowed from greg against the cold, but that always seems to happen to me. Anyway, there was this absolutely gorgeous guy Dave in my writing group, and he was flirting with me, and the girls I was rooming with were all encouraging me to go for it. The only problem, of course, was that I'd started dating greg two weeks before (Breadloaf was one week after my junior prom) and I'd even brought my prom pics with me so I could admire how hot greg was. The long and short of it was that I did nothing, even though I really was tempted to; however, I did get him to pose for a couple of really hot photos on the day we left, one of which is in the collage. Meghan, incidentally, stole a copy of one of them and kept it because she thought he was so gorgeous.
What's amusing is that we're relating this story to sara's mom and I showed her the picture, and then she says "Well, what's the problem? She wasn't going to marry greg anyway." Sara and I were both like, "What?!" Her mom went on to say that greg never would have known, it wouldn't have hurt anyone, etc etc, and sara's pretty much having a heart attack and I'm just laughing my ass off at the look of horror on her face. Hahaha. I guess her mom tried to backtrack later and said she was only kidding, but she looked pretty damn poker-faced at the time. lol.
Oh and I got my hair cut! It's shorter and I have layers and it flips a lot. So strange after years of just having it long. Heehee. I look hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment