So Steve is "schooling" me right now on the subtle differences between death metal, heavy metal, and thrash/speed metal. Why do they need all these classifications?! God forgive me if I accidentally said that Megadeth is death metal. sorry, it's heavy metal, though they started out as speed metal. Steve takes all this so seriously, it's kind of funny.
I starting school supply shopping today, hit up walmart and spent ninety bucks of my own money. sigh. My mom has agreed to pay for everything this time around, since she's not paying for anything else, not even books, but turns out I owed her like eighty bucks for my phone bill....eep. Fortunately, another benefit of being single is that I will hopefully not send nearly as many text messages as I have been. I ended up taking Tommy's stuff out of the box I had originally put it all in on Friday when I got home. I figure I might take the moose to school bc it's cute and really soft. The lighthouse figurine I'll leave here. I put the photos back in my photo albums, stuck various things to be saved in one of my boxes to be lost amid the clutter, and realized that the only thing that I just can't really have around me is the Mouse With No Name, because I slept with it every night from the day he sent it to me back in April till the day we broke up. There are a few too many memories/feelings associated with it, plus it smells like him, and as much as I love the smell of Candies For Men, it will always remind me of tommy. Kind of how opening the half-empty bottle of Canoe that my mom keeps on her bureau is this huge, powerful reminder of my dad. One whiff and it's like it's another Sunday morning maybe five years ago; he's in the bathroom getting ready for church, and the smell of the cologne is drifting out into the hallway. But then I close the bottle and open my eyes and I'm just there standing in my mom's room. And there's nothing. I've never been able to decide if it's more comforting or bittersweet.
As I was telling Meghan tonight, how absolutely awesome would it be if, by some incredible alignment of the spheres, I could manage to hook up with a certain young man who goes to Sacred Heart in Fairfield? Damn, that'd be hot. It would be realizing four years of frustrated dreams on the part of untold numbers of NWC girls! If you're from northwest and you haven't figured out that this is tall duck i'm talking about, well, you have obviously forgotten your roots, and if by some chance you are from nwc and you don't even know who tall duck is, who are you and why are you reading this? please leave. anyway, that's actually been kind of a tiny wish in my mind, oh, ever since i knew he was going to be in the same town as me. even though he was dating tori and i was dating greg at the time. plus, sacred heart kids apparently have no lives and never appear anywhere in town or on the beach, so we really don't know what they do...still, it's a wonderful thought. yeah it'd be majorly awkward because cmon, it's tall duck, not exactly casanova, was he? but god, think of the triumph. it would totally be just a trophy kind of thing, in my own mind (which is awful, i know, but this will never ever happen anyway, so we really don't need to take morality into account). so many girls discussed and plotted about those two for four years, and....nothing. gah.
No comments:
Post a Comment